STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

discharge?

I had protected vaginal sex with a female and the next day received oral with a condom on this happen about 7 days ago. The past 3 nights ive woken up with discharge on the tip of my penis. Its not green or white more like clear and just a little bit. Not sure what this is, ive never had this problem before

when should i go get tested? im not sure of the time period that stds can be detected
OH yeah there is no pain when i urinate umm but it feels kind of different down there nothing painful but different. maybe its all in my head
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there -

A little discharge in the mornings isn't all that alarming, but you can get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia and NGU a week after having sex.  Those are the stds that would cause a discharge.

Its unlikely that you have an std, though.  You had protected everything.

Aj
thank you for your response
Im getting a little scared here. I know i had protected oral and vaginal sex today but what if the condom broke but i doubled check and it didnt ... :(

im not circumcised and today i noticed the head of my penis skin was like dry and flaky like peeling off.   I have problems before with UTI and inflammation.

now im just not sure.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh go get tested, ok?  Seriously, I don't get anxiety like this without doing anything about it.

And from my personal experience, you'd know if the condom broke.  Didn't you remove it?  Did you see any holes, tears, etc?

Aj
Yes ,i removed the condom  myself I didnt see anything wrong with it.

Im a little embarrassed to say but my penis has a foul smell to it now. Is that a sign of a male yeast infection?  Im not having not pain when i urinate. Well i made an appointment to test Wednesday.

COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, that's common with yeast and other fungal infections, and you are smart to get tested.  

Good luck,
Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.