STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

gland and thrush

a month ago i had the skin under my tongue become irritated and hard-like. then my submandibular gland sweeled very large.  the ENT dr suspected it was a stone. i was given clindamycin for three days...the infection (which was classifed as sialadenitis)went away...but the med made me sick at my stomach. so then i was tested for c-diff which was negative.  they treated it anyway with metronidazole for 14 days.  I then got thrush on my tongue, which they said was from the metronidazole.  i was prescribed chlortrimazole lozenges that did not work, then prescribed nystatin, and it has now went away.  dr said it was just a chain reaction, should i be worried?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nope.  That doesn't sound like any std I know of.

AJ
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.