herpes shedding on the thigh

I was  diagnosed with herpes type two a few months ago. I am confused about the shedding process. My intiial outbreak was on my upper, innermost thigh. I know that herpes is very contagious when you have an outbreak. However, I don't understand the shedding process. Will the area of my body be most contagious where I have had an outbreak- ie, will I be shedding on my upper thigh specifically and therefore condoms will not decrease the risk of passing it on as it does with other people who have herpes? I am pretty worried about passing it on to a potential partner, even when on meds, condoms, and abstaining when I have an outbreak. It seems impossible to avoid contact while shedding on my thigh  dring sex unless I wrap my entire body in saranwrap. Any clarification on this matter would be really great.

This discussion is related to Herpes questions.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You need to post this question in the herpes community.  The link is at the top of the page in the box with the "post a question" button.  It says "Herpes Community" in blue letters.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.