A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.1k Members
470214 tn?1207689964

how do i know?

I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE HPV BUT I HAVE A DISCHARGE AND IT SMELL LIKE FISH OR SOMETHING. I DISCOVERED A BUMP THAT AT THE TOP LOOKS LIKE LITTLE LEGS BUMPS ON TOP THEY ARE REAL SKINNY. AND THERE ARE TWO SMALL BLACKISH BUMPS. I HAVE HAD THEM FOR ABOUT 3MTHS.

I WANDER FOR A POSSIBILITY COULD THEY BE HVP?, SO I CAN GO TO THE DOC.

WILL I LIVE WITH IT ALL MY LIFE CAUZ IM ONLY 17?

WILL I BE ABLE TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY FUTURE HUSBAND WITHOUT HIM CATCHING ANYTHING?

CAN I EXPOSE MY FAMILY?

This discussion is related to Question about genital warts and HPV.
34 Responses
207091 tn?1337713093
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there -

Discharge with a fishy odor is usually bacterial vaginitis, a natural infection that occurs just like yeast.  Its not sexually transmitted.  You would need an antibiotic to cure it though.

HPV isn't usually blackish bumps, but you should get that checked too.  You won't have that forever - most people clear it within several months.

AJ

470214 tn?1207689964
oh ok.

the bump that looks like a bush couldnt it be a possible HPV infection?
207091 tn?1337713093
COMMUNITY LEADER
It could be, but HPV isn't usually black.

You should get it checked.

AJ
470214 tn?1207689964
my appointment thursday. i got a closer look with a flashlight. they are pale looking.

Does HPV cause a fish smell or vagintis or both?
207091 tn?1337713093
COMMUNITY LEADER
Vaginitis would cause the fish smell.  HPV doesn't cause any odor at all.

AJ
470214 tn?1207689964
i have read about bacterial vaginosis also known as vaginitis is one of the causes for hpv and so is trichomoniasis. they have the same effects as hpv.

they have vaginal itching, discharges, foul smells, and discoloration.

i have a wart and i read vagintis causes planter warts, but this looks like a bush or a wart with a lot of bumps.

hpv does causes order but it comes in 1/3 of women.

this is why they go through many tests to determine what you have.

my question is does vaginitis causes warts that looks like hpv

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.