STDs / STIs Community

how long do std symptoms last?

I was wondering how long std symptoms last?  I had protected sex almost 11 weeks ago and have had a burning itching rash on my scrotum and in my groin the whole time since.  I have had 2 doctors look at it and the both say it is jock itch.  Does jock itch take that long to heal?  I have had soreness in my right leg accompanied by muscle spasms.  The pain in my scrotum feels like someone pinching me.  I have been using topicals and recently was put on fluconazole (for yeast/ fungal infections).  I have seen no lesions of any sort and these symptoms have never gone away entirely.  I first had irratation within a day of the sex.  I went through a lot of anxiety over this period of time and still suffer a little now.  I was tested at the 6 week mark for HIV, herpes 1 and 2, hpv, chlamidia.  All came back negative except herpes 1.  My scrotum is dark red even brown at times.  I also have what appears to be extremely red stretch marks in my groin and my skin is extremely sensitive throughout the area and on my thighs.  Any thoughts?
You do not have a STD concern with protected sex. Follow up with your Dr if you are concerned.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.