STDs / STIs Community

lap dance hiv transmission?

I had a lap dance about 3 days ago.  The dancer was naked and I fingered her.  I was wearing very thin pants made out of a thin T-shirt type of material.  I had no undeer wear on.  I may have had cuts on my fingers due to nail bniting but that I cant remember.  The dancer placed a rough towel on my lap before begining the dance.  After the dance I noticed that my pants were wet and that the wetness was not only in the front of the pant but it had soaked out the back of the pant as well, so much so that ther was some of my semen clearly visible on the seat when I got up.  

I have two concerns.  

1)  Could my fingering have caused any type of std/hiv transmission to me from her?

2)  Could the dancer's or her previous customer's semen/fluid remains on the towel or seat have caused any type of std/hiv transmission to me (my pants were wet where they came in to contact with the towel and the seat).

Do I need to get PEP or any other type of HIV test/treatment done?

Thanks for your time
fingering is not a risk for std's.

no, you don't need any testing for std's from this encounter.

no, you don't need to worry about hiv either.

grace
i had fingered her vagina is there any risk?
none of this is a risk.
What about the cuts on my fingers which may not have healed completely,  

And can you elaborate on your answer and how you can be so sure that "none of this is a risk"?
Please dont get annoyed with my repeated questioning.  It's just that I am very concerned.  I find myself always preoccupied by the fear that I might be infected.  

I know it will cost you time and effort to write an explanation but I would greatly appreciate if you could read my original as well as the previous comment before replying.

Thanks for your time Grace !
Hello

Grace will be comming into work soon, in the mean time I'll try to settle your worries.

The cuts on your fingers do NOT pose any risk of transmission of an STD either direction.
If your worried about blood borne pathogens, then you have to be actively bleeding in order for some transmission to occur.  

People simply do not get HIV, Hep B, C or any STDs from fingering ---it just doesn't happen that way.  
thanks jessy but can you or Grace explain to me why a little bit better?
Could the dancer's or her previous customer's semen/fluid remains on the towel or seat have caused any type of std/hiv transmission to me (my pants were wet where they came in to contact with the towel and the seat).
Hello again,

A previous customer's semen/fluid reminds would NOT transmit any STDs to you.
What is the maximum time period after which a test would definitely detect whether or not a person has been infected by any stds/hiv?

Do I need to get tested?
Refer to Grace's initial comment. You do not need testing.

Not that it's relevant to you (!) but in general HIV tests are accurate 3 months after exposure. Syphilis is 6 weeks and the urethral type infections 1-2 weeks.
I read somewhere that in ordeer to survive the hiv virus (and i guess that would go for all stds correct me if I am wrong) changes into something else in the vagina and the rectum areas.  I think that the article implied that these viruses in there changed forms are not harmful.

Would that mean that by simply inserting your finger into somebody's vagina or rectum you cant get infectected by hiv/stds?

And would that hold true even if you have cuts on your fingers?
Can somebody please reply to my previous comment?
you have received the answers you need. you have no need for testing. you have no need for worry.

grace
thx grace
From what I understand it can sometimes take up to a year for seroconversion to occur in which case the HIV virus would not be detected positive for up to a year.  Would that mean that the best way to be sure about whether you are positive or not is to wait one year?

Another thing is that after that first year is over, the HIV virus can remain dormant for 8-10 years.  So would the medical testing detect HIV virus even though itr is dormant?  

Or is it possible that a person may be infected by HIV and the tests still show negative because the HIV virus is in its dormant state?
any hiv questions you have need to be asked on the hiv forum.

have you considered talking to a professional counselor about your anxiety from this encounter?  
No I have not talked to anybody about it.  I thought you would be able to help.
we've told you repeatedly that you had no risk but yet you can't seem to accept that. Talking to a professional might help you with that part better :)
I've read this series of questions with interest. A similar event occured after a lap dance. When I noticed some mild red staining on my shirt and groin area where the stripper had been in contact - no signs of "fresh" blood but a definite "haze" of redness on the pants. Pants remained on throughout the dance, of course, and underwear was on. Is there any worry for transmission through clothing in this manner? I have felt well over the past 3 weeks but did have some lymph node swelling along one side of my neck with no other symptoms, less some mild fatigue, lasting 7 days. Is there any concern?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.