Avatar universal

life on hold

(48 y/o male)For the last few months I have had symptoms that come and go. It started with a constant burning sensation in the penis tip with some occassional feelings as if the tip is asleep (like when your arm falls asleep)or vibrating. No redness, no sores, no dischgarge. All STD tests negative.   The burning sensation occasionally extends up as if in the entire length of the urethra. Sometimes have trouble fully emptying baldder like I have to really strain to get it all out. Dribbling at end of urination is frequent. Sometimes have aching/sore feeling in testicles or area just behind them. These symptoms last for a few days to a week then subside for 2-4 days then return again. Usually have no trouble with initial erections. However, maintaining them is becoming a problem. Bowel movements seem to aggravate symptoms occassionally.  I know I need to see doctor but want to go when symptoms are actually there. Could they have missed an std?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Probably not. See a Dr and get some resolution.
Helpful - 0
1831637 tn?1323264454
This sounds much less like an STD and much more like a urinary tract infection (UTI) or a water infection.

The symptom of struggling to empty your bladder is a sensation caused by infection or inflammation of the bladder or uethrea.  The best course of action for you is to visit a GP, or Urinary doctor and take some urine samples.

I could be something as simple as your diet habits, or something more complictaed - either way, don't lose sleep over it.  Your erection problems are more likely a side effect from the worry or concern you are going through.

Hope this helps,

Helpful - 0
101028 tn?1419603004
actually this doesn't sound at all like a uti.  

at this point go to be seen today or tomorrow and deal with this. the longer you ignore pain and symptoms, the longer it takes to get rid of them .  When you are seen , get basic urine testing done as well as they should manually examine your prostate to check for inflammation. Prostatitis can cause symptoms like you have had and can be present in men no matter what your age - it's not just something for old men.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I concur with Grace, this sounds like typical prostate issues.  The burning and trouble with urination specifically.  See your doctor and preferably a urologist.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.