STDs / STIs Community

off and on symptoms in pelvis

male/24...i've had off and on symptoms near my pelvis and sometiems it feels like in my testicles sometimes too for about 2 years. i did have unprotected sex 2 years ago and it was worse then sometimes on my penis and testicles but has been more pain in my pelvis these days. i did have chlamydia and gonorrhea tests which came back negative.

These symptoms are off and on which is weird. sometimes i dont feel anything for weeks, then sometimes it comes back for a day or a couple days...

does anything know what this might be?
thank you
Your symptoms do not sound STD related. i would go to a urologist and get some tests done.

Try reading up on this

Epididymitis is swelling (inflammation) of the epididymis, the tube that connects the testicle with the vas deferens. Epididymitis is not always STD related.

Epididymitis may begin with a low-grade fever, chills, and a heavy sensation in the testicle. The testicle becomes more and more sensitive to pressure.

Other symptoms include:

Blood in the semen
Discharge from the urethra (the opening at the end of the penis)
Discomfort in the lower abdomen or pelvis
Fever
Groin pain
Lump in the testicle
Pain during ejaculation
Pain or burning during urination
Painful scrotal swelling (epididymis is enlarged)
Tender, swollen groin area on affected side
Testicle pain that gets worse during a bowel movement

PROSTATITIS

Prostatitis symptoms vary depending on the type of prostatitis you have. In general, the symptoms are related to pain or discomfort in the pelvic region, problems with urination and problems with ejaculations. Signs and symptoms may include:

Pain or burning sensation when urinating (dysuria)
Difficulty urinating, such as dribbling or hesitant urination
Frequent urination, particularly at night (nocturia)
Urgent need to urinate
Pain in the abdomen, groin or lower back
Pain in the area between the penis and rectum (perineum)
Pain or discomfort of the penis or testicles
Painful ejaculations

Sounds like you have what I have... Mycoplasma. All my tests came back negative but was diagnosed as having NGU due to discharge and a ph thst would indicate infection. Mycoplasmas are often the culprits when the usual suspects have been rules out.....
Seems more and more common now a days
thank you both for your responses.
Is Mycoplasma treatable and how did you find out you had that?

I just got back on health insurance so im going to the doctors soon to get a full STD check-up...
It can be a ***** to treat. I don't knowi have it I'm only guessing as I don't have gonorrhea or chlamydia and wasjust diagnosed as having ngu. If you look it up, main causes of ngu are mycoplasmas.

Given I still have symptoms after nearly two weeks of doxycycline I'm no sure what to think. I still may or may no have it but I do experience pain whether it's dull or sharp in my groin area above my penis, sometimes it's to the side and feels like I've been kicked in the testes.
Did you have a earth in your pelvic region when you first got it? Or a warmth down one leg ?

PCR tests are the only way to test for them
which can be ordered online and even then you may not be able to treat itright as different kinds of micoplasmas respond differently to certain types of antibiotics...

When are you going to see the doc?
I'm going pretty soon. After I get my health cards in the mail etc.
I looked online and this is what I found for NGU in men:
For men the signs and symptoms are discharge from the penis, burning or pain when urinating, itching, irritation, or tenderness, and underwear stain.
...And I dont have any of those. Just pain in the pelvis off and on, randomly...
Yes I understand the symptoms don't sound like yours however I did come across a forum where everyone described the pain you are describing. It was incredible... All after one instance of u protected sex with a female. Did you notice these symptoms after a new partner?

Some people ordered a PCR test as their GP's were clueless to what was going on and tested positive for mycoplasma. Everyone had negative gonorrhea and chlamydia tests and went on to describe the same symptoms you and I are experiencing.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.