STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

rash

My boyfriend has developed a rash above his penis and below his waistline, but not on his penis. We are sexually active but neither of us have had other partners in the last 2 years. He says that it burns and is painful only when touched. I noticed that it only seems to be at the base of hairs(every bump has a hair coming out) and the skin is peeling a little around it. Neither of us has ever had unprotected sex.
COMMUNITY LEADER
That sounds either fungal (jock itch, yeast) or like folliculitis.  It could even be an allergic reaction or dermatitis.

He should get it checked to be sure.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.