STDs / STIs Community

recurring sores

So about 2 years ago, I got a pimple-like bump on my vaginal area. For about the next 5 or 6 months, I would get them off and on. They were never in the same spot (one near vaginal opening, two in pubic area, one on the outer lip of vagina, and one on the crease between my thigh and pubic area). Each time there was only one, they last approx. 1-2 weeks (one lasted about 3 months) and they do not change they just go away. They are painful to the touch, but do not itch, they also do not become open sores or scab over. Some are like boils and have a hard middle, but some looked just like pimples. I stuck one with a needle(stupid, I know) and a little blood came out. From what I've read about herpes(and believe me, I've read A LOT)it doesn't really sounds like thats what they are. SOOO...my question is should I be concerned about them and does it sounds like herpes?
I'm a fan of getting yourself tested regularly for herpes no matter what.  Why not go get yourself a type specific herpes igg blood test so that you know what your status is so you can stop worrying about it?

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.