STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

similar pain to lymph node pain - pls help

hello everyone,

I had a protected sex with a person of unknown sexual status. After about 5 days there was a pain in my right testicle and i felt a very small lump. The  right side (from right shoulder to leg) of my body was in pain ( also felt heavy & numb). I did not feel or visibly see any lymph nodes but  there was a heavy feeling on my right armpit. the general feeling in and around my right armpit is similar to lymph node pain.

After about 3 weeks the lump disappeared. The pain i mentioned on my right side was there for about 2 months and it went away but still there is a mild numb/heavy feeling around the right armpit

I did an HIV test 1 year after the possible exposure & came back negative for all STDs & HIV.

It's been 4 months after my test. . However, the mild numb/heavy feeling around the right armpit is still there additionally about 3 weeks ago I started getting the following -

*there is a slight numb feeling above the right knee cap.
*one of my fingers on the right hand feels numb, the smallest toe of my right leg feels numb.
*experience pain in my right arm
*My right palm also feels mild pain at times.
* I have heavy feeling in the head (heaviness like something is wrapped around my head) on and off for 5 months now

I don't know why this is happening. I know its difficult to diagnose but any opinion will be great. I will also give a list of things that i think could be a cause for this.

* I used to lifted weights for 2 years but stopped  4 months ago. I have been jogging for about 3 years & still do it.

* had a habit of resting on my right side when watching movies & reading for a long time. stopped it when the right testicle pain & lump occurred as I mentioned above

* I have been under a lot of stress for more than an year due to the fear of HIV after that incident. (still a bit scraed)

any help would be great. Thanks

btw - pls let me know if u think I should post on a forum which is more suitable for these symptoms
See a Dr for your issues, it is not HIV or STD related.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.