STDs / STIs Community

small bump on head of penis

Question:

5 days ago i noticed a very small bump on the head of my penis, on the top, near the tip.  It is very small, the size of the head of a pin, and is slightly lighter colored than the rest of the skin.  It has no sensation (no burning, no itching, no pain).  It's more noticeable some time than others (sometime whiter, sometimes flesh colored).  It's more visible when I'm erect and when I tighten the skin around it.

My last unprotected encoutner was in 5 months ago.  Could this single bump be an STD?  Like HPV or Herpes?  If not, what could it be?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Worried, since you had unprotected sex you were exposed to all STD's. The incubation period varies and symptoms appearance also varies and sometimes there are no symptoms. Depending on the persons health makes symptoms appear. I would go get tested  for sure.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.