STDs / STIs Community
39k Members
how long does it usally take for gonorrhea to show up or cylmedia i know i didnt have these before my exposure but if i did catch this does it make me more subsectible to catch hiv on a one time possible exposure i had a condom on but it slipped off
What was your exposure?  Gonorrhea and chlamydia will show up on a test about 4-7 days after exposure.  Although getting infected with one of these bacteria may slightly increase the chances of getting infected with HIV, the slight increase is pretty insignificant.  
about 35 days ago had sex with an escort i am on ethromicin for a hair infection on skin been on this since sunday noticed swelling yesterday dotor said this infection was not an std i am married this is my first time doing this i know i was clean of std my wife does know about this i had to tell her i am very worrid about hiv i hope i am ok i did a hniv viral load test after 15 days it was negative what do you think
for just in case dotor did put me on doxycycline 6 days after exposure and i did a gonnera test yesterday and herpes test on tuesday  i hope i am ok i am on medicine which i got today for gonnera for just in case
How long did you engage in sex after the condom broke?  What country are you in?  Did you end up telling your wife?

Even if the escort had HIV (which chances are better that she did not), it's hard to catch HIV from a one-time exposure, especially if you didn't previously have any STDs.
ghonorrea will show up 4-7 days i say it shows up about the 2nd day or 3rd. Chlamydia takes about 2weeks to show up, regardless doxy cleared it if u had something wrong, ur pretty much home free, herpes symptoms arrive about the 4th day showing bumps and lesions. U got nothing to worry about, hiv well if she had hiv then she could of also had herpes, and if u didnt get herpes then its possible u didnt get hiv. i dunno go ahead and test for peace of mind.
the whole episode lasted about 1 min and a half i am from northcarolina usa this happened in denver colorado i know i was clean as far as stds go i have been married for 8 yrs and yes i did tell my wife i just felt so guilty and wooried about hiv like i said after 6 days of this exposure i was put on doxycycline then 35 days later on my penis it looked liked the uretha was swollen so i got tested for gonnnerah dont know if its positive or not but i am on medicine for it i did use protection with her but from being nervous it was soft  and i think thats how it slipped of i know iam very scared and if i make it through this thats it for me never again it seems my lympnodes could be swellen under my arms dont know if its from digging or what do you know how the body would react to hiv i read sites but they seem to be to much for me as far as anxiety goes please let me know thanks
also like i said i did take the hiv viral load test at day 15 it came back negative do you think that was to early for hiv to be detected by this kind of test
You told wife, man you're brave!  Haven't told my wife yet.  Doc HH assures me my activity very low risk for HIV, but still awaiting std test results.  Its the weekend, if I don't get results today I don't know what I'll do cuz I know wife will want to "cuddle".   Anyone know where the forum is for crazy fools who had extra-marital sex and are now paranoid! and don't know what to do and who believe every tingle and twitch is the symptom of hiv or std?  Never mind, I think this is it.  
Shadow, how long it take to get the hiv viral load test results.  My doctor ordered HIV and STD tests, which I did Wednesday this week, but lab did work and sends results to doctor.  Hoping to hear something today before weekend but not optimistic that I'll get results back.  Just in case, I have appt with county Health dept for AIDS test on monday morning, which they say takes 20 mins. for results.  

I too would like to know if day 15 is too early to be conclusive for hiv viral load test.
it took one week for it to come back man i tell you what i am scared to death my 6 wk test is on 10/18/07 and now iam having all these problems whats your deal
dude i had to tell her if i have something the last thing i would want to do is give it to her we have 3 kids she dont want to leave me she said she loves me to much we have been together since july of 1994 she is just worried like me about the hiv status like she said i could of not told her but she is glad i did
Shadow,  I had to post and commend you for telling your wife.  
As a wife and a mom myself, I know that if my husband had done anything I would be more likely to work through it if he told me than if I found out on my own.  It takes a strong woman to be able endure this with you.  I wish you and your family the best.  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.