STDs / STIs Community

stds?

my husband was recently diagnosed with prostatitus and treated w/ an antibiotic.
the dr. didn't do any labs to see what type of infection he has.
I have been unfaithful recently.  Could he/ we have an std?
You can get prostatitus from bacteria and non bacteria type sources.  It is kind of surprising that his doctor did not run at least a urine analysis and check for infection.  The minimum the doctor could have done is check his prostate and a digital rectal exam which might have been enough to prescribe antibiotics.   Not all prostatitus is related to bacteria infections..  

If it is bothering you enough, then think about getting tested for bacteria type stds...  You typically get results from your PCP in two to three days...
It is possible that his prostatitis is from an STD you passed to him from your extramarital affairs.  I would get tested for all STDs and refrain from going outside of your marriage.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.