STDs / STIs Community

suspectible pap smear help...

hello, i just want to ask something that is really bothering me since 5 months now... while i had my pap smear i think the doc. wasn't wearing any gloves and im also not sure whether the instruments were from the sterilizated ones... If someone before me had an STD is it possible that she passed it on me by not wearing gloves? thank you
No it is not possible.
Most medical professionals wear gloves to protect themselves from you, not you from them.
so no risk even for hpv? cuz i've been reading that hand to genital contact is possible way of transmission when it comes to hpv. thank you
No
thank you
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.