STDs / STIs Community

symptoms after 7+ months?

About 7 months ago I had a couple of brief encounters, both were me receiving unprotected oral sex.

Thought nothing of it, no symptoms or anything of the sort even now.  However, my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago started having some sharp abdominal pain and back pain with a tiny bit of blood in her urine once or twice.  she was tested for uti and given antibiotics for it but the uti came back negative.  we have slept together unprotected since my incident.  probably just paranoia, but does anyone think I may have given her something that I picked up from one of these brief oral encounters.  Neither of us has had any painful urination, blisters or discharge.  

Thanks.
sounds more like she has a kidney infection or perhaps even kidney stones. She should continue to follow up on this with her doctor.

If you are worried about std's - go get tested for them. It's well worth the money for the peace of mind!

grace
Thanks---she did have an ultrasound for stones, etc. but nothing.  I have never had any symptoms of anything, so wasn't going to get tested.  I know some like chlamydia are silent, but I know it is rare to get that from oral.  Are you suggesting that for peace of mind or b/c you think I really should?  thanks os much.
Thanks---she did have an ultrasound for stones, etc. but nothing.  I have never had any symptoms of anything, so wasn't going to get tested.  I know some like chlamydia are silent, but I know it is rare to get that from oral.  Are you suggesting that for peace of mind or b/c you think I really should?  thanks so much.
aah the joys of technical difficulties posting....lol.

I suggested the testing for peace of mind. I'm a firm supporter in getting tested for the whole sheband of std's before every new relationship so you don't have to worry later on like you are doing :)  

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.