STDs / STIs Community

syphilis worry

february 17 i have encountered oral sex with a boy who is 19 years old. i did oral sex with him without condom. so i am worried about contracting syphilis. after 10 days i developed canker sore ..painful have white part in the center.. it goes away after 10 days..  and after 30 dyas sore is back again. its too painful again.its already 40days now and  i dont  have rash in my body. what do you think about the symptoms i tell you?
Well, you are at a low risk of syphilis. Some people may not experience symptoms. So i suggest, go get tested at the appropriate period and not be overly fixated on symptoms.
Can you enlighten me why oak sex is low risk on syphilis. He *** on my mouth.
Oral
Ejaculation has nothing to do with syphilis. Syphilis is transmitted by your skin coming into contact with skin of someone else, usually when they have symptoms present.

You're at low risk because syphilis isn't that common, and if he had no sores on his penis, which I'm sure he didn't or you'd have stopped giving him oral sex, changes of you getting syphilis from him are very slim.

Canker sores are not syphilis sores. Syphilis sores are called chancre sores.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/canker-sore/symptoms-causes/syc-20370615

Chancre sores are painless. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/syphilis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351756

Hello auntiejessie. It’s been 80 days now and didn’t have any chancre sore or rashes . I am clear of syphilis?
The only way to know if you are clear of syphilis is to test. It's most likely that you are clear since you haven't had any symptoms, but if you want to know for sure, you should test.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.