STDs / STIs Community

test

if we want to donate our blood to some1 do they check our hiv status 1st if its negative or posotive?
Yes, they would check your blood for things like that and tell you that they cannot accept your blood for donation.
i was asking bcoz , me & my friend we both recieved oral sex from a prostitute almost 2 years before just 1 time in life, we were never involved in anal or viganal sex never, & my friend donated blood just 3 months before, so i was thinking to get a hiv test for me , but now i think i shud not do it , bcoz my friend is hiv free & we both recived oral from same prostitute he donated blood, it means i also have a no risk, or shud i get tested?
oral sex is low risk for contracting hiv. if you are concerned about this encounter with a sex worker, follow up with proper testing.

You can check out the red cross website for info on exactly what they do test for when you donate blood.  It's been more than a year so ifyou answer their questions honestly about  using sex workers, you should still be able to donate.

grace
do u think i shud do hiv test from recieving oral sex from a prostitute 2 years before just 1 time in life neva done anal or viganal sex in my life.
All HIV questions need to be posted in the HIV community, see the link above.
you don't have to test for hiv just because you received oral sex.  there are some std's that are more commonly transmitted thru oral sex but even they are really low incidence of transmission in general.  Personally I wouldn't even follow up on any testing unless you just know you won't rest easy about things until you do.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.