STDs / STIs Community

throat lump sensation

I am asian male, 28years old. Today is March 13th.

About a month ago(early Feb), I started to have a lump feeling/sensation in my throat and a couple of days later , on one day, it became so severe that I had difficulty swallowing, even saliva. However, a couple days later it became better and almost unnoticeable. I thought it was due to anxiety, cause i searched "lump sensation in throat" and I got "Globus Sensation".

However, about 10 days ago. The same lump in throat feeling came back. This time it was milder, no pain, not itchy, but just feeling something stuck in my throat and its moves from day to day. One day it could slightly to the left, next day could be slightly on the right. I took pictures and saw one or two 3-5mm diameter lump/pus grow on the back of my throat. I immediately went to my primary doctor, who did not take it seriously and said it might be allergy and only saw some redness in my throat and it would clear up on its own.  After It persisted for over a week, I went to ENT who did a throat culture. Today I got a call from ENT doctor saying that I have strep throat.(not sure which type). And I started taking Amox just now.

I am worried about it has anything to do with STD because I had a stupid exposure with a SW about 2 months ago(Jan. 7th, unprotected oral and protected vaginal, but I didn't give her oral, I only received for 1min or 2, but my lips did touch her lips slightly twice, but definitely no saliva exchange.)  I did
1. urine tests for chlamydia and gono 7 days after the event. (both negative)
2. syphilis rpr tests, one at 4th week, another one at 8th week after the event.(both not reactive)
3. HIV pcr RNA test at 25 days after the event (not detected)
4. did not have any skin condition, such as rash, ulcer, sore, blisters, or canker in the genital area, and checked and confirmed by a dermatologist recently.

So, my questions
1. The only symptom I have is "lump feeling/sensation in throat, not painful but annoying" and recently some dry cough at night and dry throat. Other than that, no pain, no fever, no headache. I wonder besides strep throat, could there be anything else, too? mono, oropharyngeal cancer by HPV? I guess because I did not give her oral, it shouldn't be oral gono, right? I remember having cold sore when I was a child (6years old). Could the lump in the back of throat be any kind of herpes? possibly herpes type1.

2. If the first outbreak 1month ago was also strep throat and I just started the treatment. Could I possibly get post strep disorders or complications, such as rheumatic fever, kidney inflammation etc. by now or later in the future. Do I need to get checked out.

3. Why symptoms of Strep is much milder than described on the internet? due to the fact I am adult?

Thank you very much for reading!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, any symptoms from your affair would be in your genital area not your throat.
Hi Life360_Dave, thank you very much for your reply! I was wondering if the throat issue could be oropharyngeal cancer from hpv? I am make, how do I test this possibility? Thank you very much!
COMMUNITY LEADER
No i dont think so but it would be strep as the clinic suggests.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.