throat thrush

I started seeing an old boyfriend again on may 1st who used to take cannabis but now off it, we had a lot of heavy tongue kissing first, then the next morning we had anal sex and he had oral sex with me and i had oral sex with him, since then i have had fever like systems and went to the dr a week later who said i had a swore throat and gave me antibiotics, i saw him that night, we did not have sex but the next morning we did and i swallowed some of his semen, my throat has not got better in fact it has got worse and i feel quite poorly, and i had oral and anal sex again this weekend. | have today been to my dr who has given me something for throat thrush, This boyfriend is a bit of a jack the lad, but i dont think he has been playing around, the last time we had sex together was jan 18th when we broke up.  He did have hepatitis c years ago from being a heroin addict. but I had a test and was cleared, he is 53 and i am 64 lol, but I have been with no one since I met him in September of 2010.  I am worried now, as i was too embarrassed to tell my gp i had had oral and anal sex with him, my ex well we will see each other occassionnally cos of the distance of where we both live, has problems in ejaculating. and has a rather small penis. What should i do. He was in Sweeden there in February, and i would think he had sex.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
if you are concerned that this is std related, ask for proper testing for oral std's.

have you ever been tested for herpes?

are you having protected anal sex with your  partner?

grace
Helpful - 0
Stupidly no, I havent had sex with anyone since i broke up with him on Jan 18th, until the day i met him again on May 1st, i have been unwell since, i also have had sex with him since.  I have an appt at an std clinic in the morning. I know i am on inhalers for a mild form of copd but i have never experienced this before.  Should i tell him that i am having a std test.
Helpful - 0
Doctors are trained to be open minded with every possible diagnostics. I suggest you tell your GP about it.

If you are embarassed, approach an STD specializing doctor
Helpful - 0
you'll need full std screening then since this was unprotected sex. you can get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea now. You'll need to wait until early july for syphilis testing and august for herpes and hiv testing to cover all your bases.

most definitely let him know that you have symptoms that might be std related and ask him to go for full std testing and share his results with you.  

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.