trich resistant

I had unprotected sex a few months ago and got STD checked at a local clinic. It came back fine. About a month later i had an infection which i was diagnosed with as BV. i was given Flagyl 7 days a week. I stopped it on 5th day. I restarted and finished two days later. I don't know if this made me resistant.
When i went back to doctor this time she looked under microscope and said i had Trichomoniasis. I was given Flagyl one time dose along with my boyfriend who is the only person i sleep with. That was last week. Now i am on my period, but i still have stomach pains and occasional burning on the inside. I am pretty sure I may have made myself resistant to the medication. I hope not! Should i wait a little longer after my period to see if it cleared up????
when should i check back w the doctor? Im not sure if its gone away. Also, im worried about the stomach pains which were present two weeks before my period, so i know its not just from that!
(I have also had sharp stomach pains in the lower stomach for past two weeks, I am scared it may be PID.)

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST! PLEASE RESPOND ANY ADVICE :)))))
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Just by doing what you did with the medication would not make you resistant. After your period has finished give it a couple of days and if things are not normal then see a Dr again.
Helpful - 0
thank u! ...ill keep this updated
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.