STDs / STIs Community

vaginal itching

I have had this iching for the past yr and a half. I am not prone to yeast infections. I do not have any burning of urination. I do shave my vaginal area. The itching occurs on the inside of my lip area.
I have used vagisil gel for the icthing which does help until it gone. Is there anything else that I could or should do?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You should see your doctor.  It might be from shaving, but it could also be bacterial vaginosis or an allergic reaction to something.  It could also be an std.

If you can rule out infection causes, then you can look at what you use to shave, or maybe trimming instead of shaving, etc.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.