Irritation in genitals after unprotected sex

Hello everyone,
About a week ago, I had  unprotected sex with a woman and have been having some std like symptoms that i would like some help with. We engaged in sex several times but the last time I penetrated without a condom for less than minute and then put a condom and completed.

I also had completely protected sex with a different women then next night.

It has been several days and I have had several symptoms of perhaps an STD.

First, the tip of my penis is itchy and my genital areas in general have been itchy than normal since those incidents.

Second, after having sex with both women I noticed I had red marks  on either side of my body near my hip bones (2 on one side, 1 on the other)... a inch or so above my genital area... somewhat near my waist. Originally, i thought they were just abrasion marks from sex but now have turned purple and are somewhat itchy, though they are def not lumpy.

Third, the women i had unprotected sex with, had some red marks/ spots where her pubic hair above her vagina usually is (she was completely shaved). i originally thought it was just from shaving but now am scared.

Lastly, the last time i had unprotected sex (~3 years ago),  I contracted a NGU from that woman. I am wondering perhaps if i got the same thing. though last time I had discharge and more pain/itchiness than i do this time...

any ideas as I am worried about what i have done with myself.
thanks for the reading this lengthly post.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
I think you need to see a doctor promptly and get it cultured for herpes, staph, etc.  

Aj
Helpful - 0
actually i googled herpes vesicles and some of the pictures look similar to what i have.

omg i feel sick
Helpful - 0
well ive got a problem, the red pimple like dots have appeared again, well twice now on the otherside of my body.

firstly, first it showed up in a small patch of spots on the upper thigh near the gential area, was itchy for a like 5 days and then dissappeared, (I used calamine + hydrocoritsone on it)

now for about 5-6 days now,  alot more red spots have showed on the right next to my scortum area in the line between my leg and gential area.... they are really itchy and there are quite a few red pimple like dots.... if they follow the other breakouts there will be no popping and bleeding or anything... just realy itchy

any idea what this is ??
im really freaking out.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Good, but you still need to see a derm.

Aj
Helpful - 0
well the rash is gone except for some weird black dots on my skin....

thanks for the help auntiejessi
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sure - its worth a try.

Aj
Helpful - 0
Ok so HIV and gonarhea and chlymadia came back negative. so curious why i had the symptoms now???....

the std doc said i should try using hydrocortisone + calamine lotion for 7 days and see if it reduces the itchiness and stuff from the rash before seeing a derma.... sound good?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'd see a derm.  Its doubtful its going to be an std after all this time, but it could be staph that needs an antibiotic.

Aj
Helpful - 0
thanks auntie jessi btw! :)
Helpful - 0
no im still waiting on the gonarhea/chylamdia test and the HIV test.
I am thinking of going to see the dermatologist because the spot on my right hipbone area is still red and itchy. the bumps are still there...

kinda worried. what do you think?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Its possible.  Have you gotten any results back?

Aj
Helpful - 0
i have a feeling my itchiness is follicitius
the girl seems to have serious problems with ingrown hairs etc from shaving.
i am thinking perhaps i got that from skin to skin contact with her?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, it is a tough talk, but maybe one or both of them have experienced some symptoms and have gotten a diagnosis from a doctor.  If its tough for you to talk about, it might be tough for them as well.

Aj
Helpful - 0
No i havent told either of them anything, since the doc couldnt find anything yet and my irritation has gone down alot. I kind of don't want to unless i get positive confirmation on something.... its a tough talk to have.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't see a big need to test for herpes, but have you told either of these women that you have symptoms of something and are waiting on test results?

While you have symptoms, you shouldn't have sex, and you really should have a talk with these women about this before having sex again.

Aj
Helpful - 0
Hi, so i went to the STD clinic. The lady looked at the spots at said it doesnt look like herpes to her. just some sort of skin irritation.

They took some urine for gonarhea and chlaymadia testing and some blood for HIV testing (just to be safe).The urine sample they looked at didnt have any white blood cells so they sent the urine for testing but the doc wouldnt give me any meds since I didnt have much of a discharge... so they told me to come back in two weeks for test results!

so a couple of things:
1) can i /should i have sex with those two same girls? (with protection of course) i dont want to give the other girl something... will i be ok as long as i wear protection?

2) i still have a bit of irritation in my penis tip (def not as much as before)... do i just have to wait for 2 weeks or is there anything i can do to get meds to kill the bacteria or whatever diease it is?

3)since the spots dont look like herpes is it necessary to get the testing? i dont know if i had any probable cause for thinking herpes except my own hypochondriacism... (lol)
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
No, minimum is 2 days, usually longer. Let us know how it goes.

Aj
Helpful - 0
sounds good, will get it looked at , at the STD clinic (hope its open tomm)

also heres one more bit, i'm 90% sure the spots showed up the day after we had sex, they were bright red marks on my skin.... usually herpes wouldnt show up that quickly right?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
We don't look at pics here - we aren't doctors, and a good doctor won't diagnose you based on pics.  

Since you have symptoms, you need to be checked as soon as you can, and they can culture the spots.  If you had no symptoms, you'd have to wait 4 months for a blood test.  A culture can be done with symptoms, but don't wait - the longer it goes, the harder it might be to get a good culture done.

But don't freak out - its not sounding like herpes, really, but you do need to get this checked.

Aj
Helpful - 0
ok a couple of more questions:

1) can i get tested for herpes at this point? I read somewhere on here its 4 months after the infection?

2) could i post up the pictures of the spots for someone to look at? i took pretty detailed pictures of them.

this is terrible i am really stressing out about this.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
OK so its both an inside and outside itch.  You might have a fungal infection or something, but you do need to go to the clinic.

Aj
Helpful - 0
i hope the spots arent.. they are pretty far from the genital area.

im not sure what you mean by if the itching is internal or external. if feels like the tip and maybe inside of my penis is itchy but it feels like the skin around my genital area is itchy otherwise. and its on and off..

augh this *****, i will goto the std clinic asap!
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
The spots could be herpes, and you need to get those checked promptly, but its not sounding a lot like it.  Just check to be sure.

The itching could be dry skin or possibly an std.  Is the itching internal or external?  

You've put yourself in some risky situations, and using a condom just at the end really just protects her somewhat from pregnancy (and its not terribly effective at that, either).  It doesn't change much for you.

I'd suggest going to an std clinic or your doctor for some testing.

Aj
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.