Trichomoniasis/UTI Symptoms?

I engaged in a high risk sexual encounter in August and have since received confirming negative test results at the 90+ day mark to cancel out the possibility of having common STDs. I was not tested for Trichomoniasis, however.  As of recently (at the 90 day mark and on) I have noticed slight burning after I urinate (much more noticeable when I urinate in the middle of the night) at the opening of the urethra.  Perhaps due to dehydration? Occasionally, this is also accompanied with a slight pain (almost feels like I pulled a muscle) in my lower right abdomen as I urinate.  I have read that Trichomoniasis can take much longer to show symptoms and that pain occurs after not during urination.  I have also read that UTIs can cause lower abdominal pain.  Does this sound like symptoms for either and do you recommend testing for Trichomoniasis?  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
No i do not. burning while urinating would be constant not just at night and there would be a white puss discharge if there was a real infection. The ab pain is not a symptoms of any std in men but in women its called PID. Not often where there is irritation at the penis tip its from anxiety and constant touching the area looking for things.
Helpful - 1
Thanks for the detailed responses. I will consult the doc if the problem persists
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ooop i did not see the condom may have came off but we dont use what ifs here. If it did come off you had a risk but in men its pretty much asymptomatic and very hard to detect with tests but it would go away by itself in a short time.
Helpful - 0
Yes the condom did come off. Do you mean it would go away without treatment? Do these symptoms sound like anything to you? What do you recommend I do?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You had zero risk for trich
Helpful - 0
Even if the condom came off inside the vagina?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Men rarely show symptoms and yes it would go away by itself but if your still concerned have a doc check you out. but i would not even consider you have trich
Helpful - 0
Ok thank you. Do the symptoms sound like anything (tip of penis slight lingering burn after urinating especially at night/occasional slight lower abdominal pain during urination)?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi males are really at low risk for contracting trich as its more for females as the parsite can reproduce in the vaginal area. As with any std infection the major symptom would be a green penis discharge along with burning while urinating. What was the high rick activity?
Helpful - 0
Unprotected oral and protected (condom may have come off) with a CSW.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.