Urinalysis

Hey. Sorry to bother ya'll again. I complainied of frequent urination and some visable particles in urine (which I'm no longer seeing!) to my doctor - I suspected this was due to my hightened anxiety over a very brief unprotected encounter way over a year ago, the doctor agreed but suggested a unrine sample be analysied to rule out a UTI as cause of the frequency. My urine was sent away to be cultured and returned with 'no growth' status. No follow up with my doc was required. If I was infected with Chlamydia bacteria, would there have been abnormalities/growth/high WBC in a routine urine culture/analysis? I understand that specific STIs are not tested for in a urinalysis - just wondering if something would have shown up.
Thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It fine but if you have any follow up questions just keep it in this one =)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your reply.

And sorry for the multiple threads.
Helpful - 0
No to answer your concerns:

Your WBC would be increased as they are fighting an infection but not necessarily all the time... you indicated this was over a year ago. By now you would be having more symptoms such as discharge pain during urination ect.

I think you are fine but if you doubt this then just get tested.
Helpful - 0
Please keep your questions with your first post, it makes it easier for those who are helping you.... Below I copied your previous post to keep it all together.

MedHelp Member's Question

paranoia?
by lp2009

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

lp2009
Member since May 2009  

, May 11, 2009 09:54AM
Hey doc,

I had a real brief unprotected incident, like over a year ago. By brief I mean I entered her, but withdraw straight away, cause I knew it was a bad idea unprotected. Not noticed anything up until a couple of weeks back (after way way too much time spend searching online & reading forums -Ive a paranoia going on that i can feel a slight discomfort sometimes after i pee, just at the tip of my penis - I'm also needing to pee all the time - like every hour or 1.5 hrs. I'm quite sure this is just anxiety taking over although can't get the incident of un[rotected sex outta my head.

Also recently I've taken to examining my urine and have noticed some tiny white particles, is this normal? I'm going to get screened for all STDs in the next few weeks.

Feeling anxious over all this. My freqency re: urinating does not wake me at night and seems to increase during the day - almost the more I think about it. I have had no discharge that I am aware of.

Thanks doc.  Reported Report this Spam
Miscategorized
AbuseMember Comments (3)

by Vance2335

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

Vance2335
Male, 35 years
Buffalo - NY
Member since Aug 2008
Mood: Vance2335 happy
Journal Entry:   "This is directed to men but women feel fr..." [Read]

, May 11, 2009 09:59AM
Not the Dr's site but I can try to help.
You are over reacting to the situation. It was over a year ago and if it really was in then out in as quick as it takes to write it then you have no worries.  Reported Report this Spam
Abuse
by lp2009

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

lp2009
Member since May 2009  

, May 11, 2009 10:25AM
thanks for your response Vance2335. That is reassuring. Can anyone else shed light on the particles in my urine, I've read in various places that it can just be skin cells or maybe even kidney stones - I drink and smoke heavily could this be a factor too? Man, I'm beatng myself up bad over this all.  Reported Report this Spam
Abuse
by Vance2335

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

Vance2335
Male, 35 years
Buffalo - NY
Member since Aug 2008
Mood: Vance2335 happy

, May 11, 2009 11:08AM
No one here is going to have enough knowledge to analyze your urine.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.