STDs Forum

Are my symptoms HIV positive

I am an international student from Liberia, West Africa, who has been in thestates for a year.Around July this year I started  experiencing dizziness, eye swinging, fatigue and shortness of breath on any slight exertion.I thought this may have been due to my hypertension as I was sleeping less due to my studies and I had put up 140 pounds since my arrival in the states.when I sat to study for a long time or for hours behind the computer I would get dizzy.I went to the university health service and was diagnose with hypertension.When my blood work was done i had hih lipids, but then one day while sitting in the hospital I heard some nurses saying that I was HIV positive.the next day I asked the doctor for a test but he advise that since I was moving to Kentucky I could do it here.when I came i went and explain it to my doctor, telling her that my skin was itching, I was feeling dizzy and wanted an hiv test.I was sent and the test was done at the university of kentucky medical center.After two days i went back for my results and was told negative.
But I still felt dizzy, a bit fibril and had a foul test in my mouth.I went back to the doctor and explain to her, she said the result was reliable and gave me retinin for gastric reflux.whe she saw that I was still in anxiety she sent me to the psychiatric.Now I feel numbness in my legs, my hands tremble at times and still fee dizzy.I went back and she did more blood work for the second time and said the results were good.But the numbness in my legs and some skin rash and also frequent urination is still my problem.
I am on INZ as a prophylaxis for a positive tb skin test but
negative x-ray result.I am too worry I am having dementia, peripheral neuropathy due to the hiv.How reliable is the result.What could really be my problem, I am too worry.I am also taking vasotec for my hyprtnsion.I wii too happy for a response as to what to do, Mosoka
I'm sure you can rely on the negative result of HIV testing at a major medical center like U of Kentucky.  Therefore, your symptoms cannot be due to HIV.  And they don't sound particularly like HIV/AIDS symptoms anyway.  You should continue to follow up with your own doctor and with the psychiatrist to whom she referred you.  I agree your symptoms sound consistent with anxiety and/or depression.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I`m not an expert,but did you get involved in any high risk activities like injecting drugs,unprotected sex etc?HIV doesn`t come by itself.
yes, i was involved in unprotected sex before coming to the states.Sometimes I have this dry cough and at times my skin itch me.So I am wondering if I am infected but the results are not showing it, tetralogy
Did u do the test during the window period of after?
I think u should get tested for ELISA 3 months after your last sex encounter.If the results came out negative,then HIV is not your problem.
I have not had sex for months before my test, so I do not know what could possibly be happening to me, thanks for the concern,tetralogy
Have you been checked for Diabetes?
A related discussion, worried about H.I.V was started.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.