STDs Forum

Concerned about HPV

Dear Doctors,

Last year I went to a strip club, and the striper put her finger in her vagina and then she put it in my mouth and I tasted it.

I am concerned about HPV, is there any chance I might contracted HPV in my mouth or in my throat or other STD's from this exposure?

Just to let you know that I had throat swap and the results were negative. I am really worried Doctor.

Regards,
Welcome to the forum.

While I cannot say the risk is zero, no HPV infections are known to have been acquired in this way.  Almost all sexually acquire HPV infections involve the genitals and anal area and are acquired in the traditional way -- by intercourse. And other STDs also are not transmitted by hand-genital contact.

As you might know, all sexually active people get HPV, usually more than once.  Assuming you are not a virgin, you can be pretty sure you have already been infected, along with a good chance your mouth has also been exposed.  Happily, most HPV infections stay asymptomatic and never cause significant health problems.

The only STD normally tested by throat swab is gonorrhea.  There is no approved test for HPV from the throat.  You can expect that test to be negative.

For more information about sexually transmitted HPV, please read the thread linked below, and the other threads with links provided in that one.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/HPV-concerns/show/1819004

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Hello Doctor,

Thank you very much for your fast reply,

I am not virgin and at the same time I am not sexually active,

I will tell you all my exposures, I had unprotected sex twice with the same chines girl in a massage centre, then with the striper(the one who put her finger in her vagina and then she put it in my mouth) and the last exposure was protected sex with an escort Last November, and I had 4 HIV Duo tests and full STD's with DUO test as well after 10 months from the protected sex and all were negative.

you really made me extremely worried about I might contracted HPV in my mouth from the Striper exposure, because I read in the internet that HPV causes Cancer in the mouth and in the throat.

Please Doctor could you make it clear for me because I read alot of information about it.
Since you are not a virgin, probably you have had genital and maybe oral HPV.   HIV duo tests and STD tests do not check for HPV.

Your fears of oral HPV and oral cancer have no basis.  Although certain throat cancers are caused by one HPV type (HPV-16), such cancers still are rare.

Apparently you have not read the thread linked above, and the other threads linked there.  At least two of those discussions go into detail about oral HPV and cancer.  You should find the information reassuring.  Read them.
Hello Doctor,

I read the links, but still confused, I just need answer for these two question,

Could HPV transmitted by putting her finger in her vagina and then putting her finger in my mouth just for 2 seconds? Can HPV be transmitted like this way?

Is it possible I might have throat or oral cancer in the future?

Because I am just concerned about oral and throat cancer.

sorry about my bad english because I am not an english native speaker, I would really appreciate it if you kindly answer my questions, and I will never have sex again until I get married :(

Regards,
"Could HPV transmitted by putting her finger in her vagina and then putting her finger in my mouth just for 2 seconds? Can HPV be transmitted like this way?"

Already answered above:  "While I cannot say the risk is zero, no HPV infections are known to have been acquired in this way."

"Is it possible I might have throat or oral cancer in the future?"

Almost certainly not.  This is a very rare cancer, and your risk is no higher because of this event than it would be anyway.
Thank you very much Doctor, I feel better now, so can I be confident that I wont get throat or oral cancer from that event?

I really appreciate your help Doctor and I trust you.

Wish you all the best.
"can I be confident that I wont get throat or oral cancer from that event?"

Yes.

That will end this thread.  Take care.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.