Wrote in earlier regarding HIV scare (Male performing oral sex on a female, with a cut on his lip). Since then, I've tried to get tested, but my school clinic basically refuses to test me before the 3 month window is over, especially since they think my exposure was "minimal". Is it normal to be refused testing? I've seen you say time and time again that a month is enough. I'm approaching the 9 week period ! Just curious.
In any event, I've decided to get a friend to drive me to an STD clinic tomorrow rather than put up with the school one.
Have an update on symtoms, and wondered what you'd think...
1) Cough has continued, now well into 8 weeks. Used to be with phlegm, now just a regular cough, but infrequent.
2) Seem to be getting small rashes in many places that only really appear after a shower (heat?). They are really itchy, but usually subside after 30 minutes after a shower.
3) An odd canker sore flared up one day in the back of my mouth, was extremely sore, and then dissapeared 4 hours later.
4) My neck has been stiff for some time, and now I'm experiencing headaches daily (for the last 3 days)
5) Appetite hasn't been the same for weeks. Some days I don't feel like eating at all. Other days I'm hungry, but those are infrequent
Lastly, the girl I was with DID in fact go and get tested again 15 days after the incident and everything came back negative (or so she says).
I appreciate your taking the time to respond. This'll be my last post as I'll be getting tested tomorrow. Anxiety is high, I can tell you that!
Cheers to your health