STDs Forum

Lap dance and hand job

I got a lap dance from a stripper the other night she was nude and she unbuttoned my pants then proceeded to pull my boxers down I then pulled them back up and she went on with the dance with my pants still unbuttoned. From time to time she would grab my penis and give me a hand job during the dance it was mostly under my boxers but once in a while they would slide down a bit when she was grabbing my penis. I don't think my genitals came into direct contact with hers at any point but it's hard to say since it was dark and I had a few beers I was wondering if it sounds like I am at risk for any sort of std. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

We get frequent questions about lap dances, hand jobs, and other semi-sexual non-penetrating exposures.  Search the forum for "hand job" or "lap dance" for many discussions -- or just look at any 10-20 threads at random, some of which undoubtedly concern such exposures.

As you will see, the answer is always prestty much the same:  no risk.  Lap dances for sure are zero risk as long as there is no direct skin-skin contact (clothing is a highly protective barrier, even if moist with body fluids); and hand-genital contact is essentially risk free, even if genital secretions or saliva are used as lubricant.  Saliva rarely carries STDs anyway, and typically there isn't enough genital fluid contact for transmission.  In STD clinics, we never, ever see any patients with any STDs whose only exposures were lap dances or hand jobs.

As I look at the details of your exposure, those comments apply.  There is nothing in your description that raises any serious concern.  I recommend against being tested for any STDs, and i fyou have a regular partner, you can safely continue your normal sexual practices without fear of transmitting anything from these events.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Thank you for the response it was very quick. This will be my only follow up question. If there was genital to genitall contact at some point maybe from the slit in the boxer briefs Is there a needed amount of contact to transfer any diseases? Would everything have to be fully exposed? Thanks again
Such brief, fleeting contact carries no significant risk.  There is rarely if any STD risk if there is no penile penetration.
thanks a lot for your input really helped ease the anxiety
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.