STDs Forum

Massage parlor handjob cause or latex allergic reaction?

I went to a number of massage parlor so within the past year. About 6-7. I've never had any symptoms that I would be concerned about. I have never had any bumps, hives, discharge, etc. recently while making love to my wife, I used a latex condom. I've used them before but not often. When I did use it, I put lubricant on it and made love to my wife. After a few minutes, I took it off and had sex without the condom. The condoms were at least a year or so old. Probably expired but unsure.

Afterwards, about a couple of days or so, my urethra itches at the base of my penis. And also at the opening.
Then it burns horribly whenever I pee.
My perineum hurts whenever I squeeze my PC muscle.
The tip of my penis is sensitive and my right hand becomes very dry and blistered.

Then I notice bump a day after making love to my wife.
Which turned into a rash. More like a lifted dark colored couliflower patch on the back of my thigh about the size of a quarter.

I've been tested for urinary tract infection and it was negative.
I don't have any fever. I'm not vomiting.
I don't have any other bumps or sores anywhere else on my body.
The doctor said something about it possibly being hpv but I wanted a second opinion.

I've been given cream for the rash which seems to be helping and also ciprofloxacin and doxycycline.
Since I have started this medication, I have not had any burning of my urethra whatsoever when I go.
My perennial area does not hurt nearly as much when I squeeze my PC muscle.
I still have the rash/wart and the dryness on my hand.

The doctor is running blood tests for all kinds of std tests and honestly I'm really freaked out and scared.

Is there any way anything can be transmitted to me from a handjob and from the symptoms I'm having, what could this be?
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

However, all this is unclear; I don't understand either your exposures or your symptoms.  You never say exactly what exposures occurred at the massage parlor, but your closing question suggests there was only hand-genital contact, i.e. the masseuse masturbated you.  Is that right?  No oral sex, no intercourse?  If so, there no significant possibility of any STD.

Immediate urethral pain after sex with your wife, with a condom, suggest a chemical reaction, allergy (maybe to latex), or a physical injury.  Did the condom contain a spermicide, especially nonoxyinol 9?  (If uncertain, look at the label.) N9 is very irritating if it gets into the urethra and can be very painful.  No STD can start to cause symptoms immediately after exposure.

I don't know what to make of your perineal pain, but I would wonder about a prostate gland problem.  Your other symptoms are unclear.  What do you mean by a "bump" and rash after sex with your wife?  Where?  What size?  What it tender or sore?  No STD that could cause a "cauliflower"-like lesion on the back of your thigh.  None of this sounds like HPV to me.  I don't know what to make of your doctor's decision to treat you with ciprofloxacin.  Were you tested for STDs before you took them?

From what I can tell, I doubt you have any STD or any other infection from your massage parlor adventures.  If you have genital warts or other HPV problem, it didn't come from the massage parlor exposures.  But let me know some of the missing information and we'll see if I can help further.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.