Thank you for your information and assistance.
I am a 24 year old female previously diagnosed with low-grade hpv. I should note that I am living in a rural area of Japan and the language barrier is considerable. Also, I have been in a (supposedly) monogamous relationship for the past 10 months. He was tested in 11/05 for hiv/syph/hep (-).
Two months ago I began having symptoms including white vaginal discharge, lower abdominal pain (bloated feeling), lower back pain and frequent urination. I went to a local ob-gyn first, who tested me for candida (-) and sent me home without treatment after writing off my abdominal pain. Next I went to a city ob-gyn. I was tested for candida, uti and chlamydia. All were negative. The doctor's non-specific diagnosis was that I had a bacterial infection. I was treated with Cravit 100mg twice daily for five days. Symptoms began approx. 3/17 and improved rapidly after I started the antibiotics on 3/28.
As of 5/6, the same symptoms returned, however this time the lower abdominal and back pain is much worse. The pain seems to be focused on my left side. I was seen by a urologist who diagnosed me with an acute cystitis in March leading to pyleonephritis of the left kidney. I was also seen by another ob-gyn, and tested for uti (-), gonorrhea (-), and chlamydia. This time, the chlamydia was positive. I was told this was a culture test, but I don't know what specific type. The urologist prescribed Minomycin 100mg twice daily for 13 days and the ob-gyn stated that this dosage would treat the chlamydia.
7 days into treatment, the lower abdominal and back pain is still severe.
My primary concern is for pelvic inflammatory disease. As I had no bleeding or fever, the 3rd ob-gyn ruled this out, but I'm still worried.
1. Is the dosage of Minomycin sufficient to treat chlamydia? And if so, shouldn't this pain be easing by now? I have a prescription for Cipro 500mg and am considering taking it. Should I?
2. As my symptoms now are the same as they were in March, if I had chlamydia all along, can I assume my first test was false-negative? Or that I was partially cured in March only to be reinfected by my partner?
3. Do you think my concerns for pid are warranted? And if so, what should I do to seek out further treatment? I am returning to the US in July, but I am afraid to wait that long.
Thank you again for your time.