STDs Forum

Question about Molluscum..please help

I have had moluscum for 1 1/2 month now in my groin area, doctor comfirmed it was molluscum. she told me to dont do anything they should go away on their own. I was wondering if i froze them to get rid of them does this procedure hurt at all? please tell me what other effective methods i can do which can get rid of these lesions please. Do all treatments for molluscum hurt?

My wife developed some pimples on her butt and they have been itchy for a couple days now, can this be molluscum as well or just regular pimples? She said she never had pimples on her butt before. What causes this? I noticed a small clear pimple almost looks like a small bubble or something on her lower butt cheek. Can this be molluscum as well or something else?

Do all molluscum have a white center?

Your advice would help alot please help us!!
See several other message threads about molluscum.  Normally it should be treated; it takes a lot longer to clear on its own.

The buttocks are among the most common sites for acne, along with face, shoulders, and back.  Your wife probably just has pimples.  But perhaps molluscum as well.

Molluscum lesions normally are pink and shiny, often with a dimple in the middle; but usually no white spot.

It sounds like your provider isn't up to speed on molluscum as an STD.  Consider a 2nd opinion at your local health department STD clinic.

HHH, MD
please note this small soft clear white pimple is located where the buttocks meets her thighs. please help me on what it can be thank you!!
do i need to do anything to treat my molluscum. i read the forum and there are diff approaches, if i get them treated do they always tend to hurt like freezing them? If i leave them alone they will take longer to go away correct?

the pimple she has on the lower butt cheek, where the thigh meets the butt, she has a small pimple, lookks like a little blister, or a water bubble of some kind, doesnt look like a pimple with a white center which would be considered molluscum, what u reccommnd in doing? can she get molluscm on her buttock or just on your groin area?
See a health care provider about which treatment will work best for you.  Freezing isn't particularly painful.  There are few nerve endings in MC lesions, and even scraping them off causes minimal pain.  See a health care provider for a recommendation of what will work best for you.  Your partner also needs to see a provider for diagnosis.  I can't help you further on line.

HHH, MD
is it true what they say that if i have molluscum theres a chance that my wife would not get this molluscum, whats the percentage on this do you know? I tried to pop one and it didnt pop after one day it got inflammed why did this happen, is this normal? I really want this molluscum to go away ive had it for 1 1/2 month now how long till it totally goes away on its own? i would like to get treatment for this but i dont want it to scar or hurt.
Let me get this right.  You want a benefit (cure of an infection, reduced risk of transmission to your wife, if it hasn't yet occurred) but are unwilling to risk any downside tio achieve that benefit.  I have already said it won't be much pain anyway.  Don't be stupid.

HHH, MD
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.