STDs Forum

STD Dilemna

Approx 8 months ago I had unprotected exposure.  10-14 days later post erection I felt as though I had a bulge/lump under the shaft of my penis.  I started to notice discharge and feel as though my testicles were swollen and sensitive.  Dr prescribed a Z-pak and rocephin shot.  Initial symptoms started to fade but re-surfaced apprx two weeks later.  During this timeframe my urinalysis was negative for Gonorreah and Chlamydia, and I had negative RPR, Syphillis, and HIV blood tests.  On a subsequent visit two weeks later and not feeling completely cured, a different Dr thought I had epididmytis and I was prescribed doxy for ten days, which I took fully.  I had also seen a urologist who didnt seem to think anything was wrong.  5.5 months after exposure, I was hospitalized w/Pancreatitis.  No cause found (negative gall stones, and I am not a binge drinker).  Now 8 months after exposure, I have a few bumps on my chest, I feel tingling around my face, my muscles twitch, and my anus is occassionally itchy.  I now sweat easily and get a heat rash from merely crossing my legs or if my chest is touching my stomach.  The tops of my hands are more dry than ever before, and a bit waxy in overall feeling.  I also feel as though my eyes are more sensitive to light and wind, but Im not jaundice.  I had a second HIV test negative at 3.5 months after exposure.  I could use any thoughts on what to help my Dr look for or what tests need to be done--Im out of ideas and somewhat scared.  Im educated and recognize some things could be psychosematic, but the bumps on my chest are real.  Thanks
Welcome to the Forum. I will not challenge you on the fact that you may have some abnormal bumps on your chest or other symptoms.  I will however challenge that they are related to any STD that you might have acquired 8 months ago.  You were treated appropriately, both for your penile infection and for the possible epididymitis and that pack is supported by your subsequent normal evaluations, both by your own doctor and by a urologist.  

Your constitutional symptoms and your past pancreatitis may be clues to what is going on. There is no reason however to think that this is an STD of any sort, including HIV ( at test at 3.5 months is defintive).  EWH
Thanks for your response.  I wish you had a suggestion for what may be causing this.  My face and neck continue to develop red bumps, some have persisted for over a month.  Additionally I have persistent symptoms consistent with HSV2 (which I have had for 15 yrs).  I have some irritation in the inguinal area, redness and sensitive.  The shape of my penis remains different with the look and feel as if my penis head is retracting (it seems as though excess skin exists on one side of my penis shaft).  I also wanted to mention that I had a negative urethritis urinalysis at the same time I was neg for Gon/Chl.  Is it possible that my HSV has infected my urethra and or spread which is causing this and remaining a persistent cause?  
Nothin you have described is suggestive of HSV.  As I said, I think this entire situation is something you need to review with your own doctor.  EWH
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.