What is this infection?

Dear Dr.HHH,

i had a protected oral & vaginal sex with CSW, who engaged with an unprot. oral sex before playing with me (she gave unprotected oral to a client just mins before me).

I kissed her on her lips, after 30 mins i felt a weird feeling on my damaged lip.
1. After 2 days from exposure, ihave experienced tingling and after a week, developed painless ulcer and 4 tiny cuts closeby, healed in 5 days time without medicine.
2. After 35 days, developed a lesion in anorectal, discharged like glass passing thru the rectum, healed in 3 days time without med.
3. After 50 days, developed painless sore throat/white patches on the back of my throat which is present fr more than 10 months now.
4. After 50 days, exp. irritating paper cuts, redness on my penis shaft and opened watery blister healed in 3 days time without medicine in 4 days.
5. After 6 months, woke up with an irritation on penis, i couldnt touch the penis shaft SKIN as it was burning, healed in 2 days after scabbing the infected skin on the outer skin shaft revealing fresh skin.

Impact on family:
1. 6 yr old son fell ill with spiking fever of 104 deg and inflammation of lips, hospitalised for a week.
2. Still struggling with some kind of stomach problem, stool with mucous, e.coli urinary infection and loose stools for a month now.
3. Wife experienced nipple discharge for 6 m and also rash on her chest healed withiin a weeks time (suspecting i have infected during sex).

Questions:
1. what is this infection i have acquired from the CSW. (or something she might have picked something from her prev. client by unprot. oral sex and later passed it to me)?
2. WHat are the sti's or viral infections one can pass through respiratory droplets or by any other means to CHILDREN?
3. What are the tests i need to take to rule out any kind of STI?

Please advise me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for the re-assurance.. yes i saw the reply and was in panic mode till reading your words..
Helpful - 0
No STD is a likely cause of such symptoms. (Ignore the wacko reply about herpes from another user, if you saw it before I deleted it.)

This thread is definitely over.
Helpful - 0
Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much.

As I mentioned above, my wife suffered nipple discharge for few months, later she developed rash, skin redness on her chest.

Is there any sti that can infect one on chest because of caressing during sex..

No more questions from me.

Thank you once again.
Helpful - 0
Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much.

Is there any sti that
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I can't help further.  I'm sure you can find a doctor whose advice you can trust about additional tests, if any, that might resolve your concerns.  However, as I said, I doubt you have any infection of any kind, and I doubt there are any blood tests that could give a direct diagnosis.
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the forum.  I'll try to help.  However, all I really can do is confirm the advice you had from Dr. Gonzalez-Garcia on the international forum:  you have no STD to explain your symptoms or those of your son.

Kissing is no risk for STD, and there are no STDs that cause the combination of symptoms you had; and your negative blood tests have confirmed no STD.  The only slight possibility in the STD realm is HSV-1, which you could have acquired by kissing and/or oral sex; and up to 10-15% (some experts believe up to 30%) of people with HSV-1 never develop positive blood tests.

But most likely you had no infection at all from the sexual exposure.  Or conceivably you acquired a garden-variety respiratory virus, i.e. not an STD.  And whatever you have (or had), I see no reason to suppose your child's illness was anything he caught from you.  The vast majority of illnesses like your son's are caused by various viruses transmitted mostly from other kids in school, day care, and so on.

In the event you develop recurrent oral or genital area blisters or sores, promptly see a doctor or clinic for direct testing of the lesions for HSV.  That's the only way to investigate possible herpes in people with negative blood tests.  But I don't expect any such lesions to happen, because I don't think you have HSV.  Beyond that, all I can suggest is that you continue to work with your doctor; and of course if your son continues to have an illness with fever, or if a similar problem appears again in the future, he should be evaluated by his pediatrician.

In the meantime, I suggest you stop focusing on the sexual contact you had a year ago.  Almost certainly it has nothing to do with any current symptoms in you, your son, or anyone else.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0
Only a test can put my mind at ease, unfortunately i do not have any doctor in my place to help me out on the test names to take to rule out the possible infections..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the STDs Forum

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.