STDs Forum

concerned after oral sex

11 days ago, i had oral sex performed on me without a condom and had sex with a condom with an escort.  I never had any type of discharge but i have a fullness or slight discomfort in my right testicle and groin area.  I had seen a doctor previously before this incident and test was performed that showed I had a spermatocele and slight amount of fluid in the area but it was nothing to worry about but occasionally caused some pain.  I was wondering if this incident is related to the previous spermatocele or did i happen to catch something form the sexual experience, even if i did not have a discharge.  
Oral sex is an inefficient way to transmit STDs.  Of the bacterial STDs only gonorrhea and nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) are transmitted through oral sex; chlamydia is not and without an obvious sore or lesion on your partner’s mouth, the chances of syphilis and herpes is likewise tiny.   If you had gotten gonorrhea or NGU you would have most likely developed symptoms of urethritis (penile infection) - only a small proportion of such infections are asymptomatic.  Even if your partner had an STD (any STD and it is likely she did not), most exposures do not lead to infection.  In your case, your genital exposure was condom protected making that a non-concern; I would urge you not to worry. IYou could go to your local STD clinic or health care provider to be tested at this time, jsut to be sure.  If you do, I predict the tests will be negative,  My guess is that yoiur discomfort is related to your spermatocoele.  

Hope this helps.  EWH
thank you for your help.  I guess the spermatocele pain came right around the time of this incident and i had a case of paranoia.  Thanks again.
I went to a free clinic today, I tested negative for HIV antibodies and it will take two weeks for the results of any other STDs.  Am I going to have a problem waiting this long for result and treatment
No, as i said, it is unlikey that you have an STD of any sort.  i would also add however that it really shold not take more than a few days for your results to be back.  I'd suggest you check at the clinic before 2 weeks pass.  EWH
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.