STDs Forum

four days short of three months hiv test

I just tested negative four days short of three months. I need to know what is an imca hiv test. Is this a third generation hiv test. How accurate is it? Why does the CDC say test at six months. I know I have had multiple tests but when you are dealing with HIV then I believe its important to take the appropriate steps. I needed to ask you this because I read that the cdc still says 97% will test positive by three months. What can cause a false negative hiv test at thirteen weeks.

You have posted on the wrong site.  Questions about HIV testing and prevention need to be posted on the HIV Prevention site.

The CDC's statements are outdated and currently are being re-considered (I am on a committee which has raised this question).  I am not sure what you mean be an imca assay but, if it is an FDA-approved test performed here in the United States, the result you have is reliable.  You do not need further testing, you do not have HIV.  EWH
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.