hepatitis b through deep french kissing

Hello.
Yesterday I had protected  vaginal sex with a CSW .No anal ,no oral sex was involved.
My mistake is the fact that we french kissed for 2 minutes. The kiss was very deep and involved saliva.
As far as I know I had no fresh blood in my mouth when I kissed her.I do not know is she had cuts or sores or fresh blood in her mouth when we kissed .
I am very confused since I read that Hepatitis B can transmit by kissing.Some sites say yes ,others no.
What is your knowledge on this matter?
What are my real chances of contracting HBV ?
Should I test for HBsAg and if yes..when can I test as soon as possible?
A very worried guy ....
Welcome to our Forum.  I have researched this topic carefully and there is no evidence that hepatitis B, like HIV, is ever transmitted by kissing or any sore. This is true whether or not there is blood in the mouth from either person, sores in either persons mouth, etc.  The topic is not even mentioned in textbook chapters on hepatitis transmission.

There are reports of hepatitis B being transmitted by dentist TO and FROM patients in the course of dental procedures and this is thought to result from the penetration of infected material DEEP into tissue.  Kissing and other casual exchange of secretions however is not a risk and should not cause concern.

I hope my comments will relieve and anxiety you might have. EWH
What about syphillis ?Should I worry about it ?
No. this is not a concern either.  You should not be worried. EWH
Doc
I contacted the girl and convinced her to do the following :
HBsAg -negative
HIV-negative
VDRL/RPR - negative...
Is this ok ? Is my risk zero now ?
It was almost zero before. Your risk for these STDs in now zero, based on your partner's test results.  

That will be it for this thread. Take care. EWH
A related discussion, hepatitis b was started.

You are reading content posted in the STDs Forum

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.