STDs Forum

oral sex and hiv

I recently received oral sex of a prostitute, I had a urine test taken and there was white blood cells found, can this be related to hiv or am i being silly?
Not a sign of HIV.  However, white cells in the urine could reflect nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), which could have been acquired by oral sex; or you could have chlamydia or gonorrhea (although not from that particular exposure).  You need tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea and an examination by an STD expert to look for other evidence of urethritis.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
You probably mean your comment in a cute fashion, not genuinely critical.  But this board does not tolerate insensitive comments about participants' sexual preferences or styles, and the situations that might confer STD risk.  Derogatory comments get people blocked from further posts on the STD ofrum, and you're close to the edge.

HHH, MD
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.