STDs Forum

weird symptoms

after receiving oral sex from a women I started to feel a burning sensation after urination. a white liquid randomly appeared out of my urethra. they eventually went away (this was a few months ago). recently i noticed a burining sensation during sex and masturbation and a generally a mild sensation when iam urinating or not doing anything. my doctor did swab my urethra to do a culture test (it hurt so bad when he shoved that cue tip in my urethra). everything came out negative.I was put on a 10 day treatment of 100mg of Docycycly plus an antibiotic shot. the burning does not go away. does ngu cure itself? is it hard to trace ngu after a few months of the orignal exposure when theres no discharge? could it be anything else? iam 21 no history of any prostate or urinary problems
Welcome to our Forum.  When you had burning an discharge from your penis several months ago, my concern would be that you had gotten NGU and indeed NGU symptoms can go away in some people over time.  With the recurrence of symptoms however, you now have negative tests and despite your negative tests have been treated with therapy which would cure all gonorrhea (that shot was most likely ceftriaxone [brand name, Rocephin] which is recommended treatment for gonorrhea) and is recommended therapy for NGU (the doxycycline).  How long has it been since you had your swab and treatment?- sometimes it takes a while for the discomfort to go away.  

In addition, a small proportion of men with NGU fail initial therapy.  In this situation, treatment with alternative drugs (such as azithromycin, along with metronidazole) is recommended.  It would be best if you first found out if you failed therapy by having another examination of either a swab from your penis or examination of the first small amount of urine collected  after starting urination.  If either of these evaluations show increased white blood cells, you need further treatment. If they are negative, there is no evidence of an STD.

I hope this provides some guidance to next steps.  EWH
i got off the 10 day treatment yesterday. i know typically its 7 days. i was swabbed january 6 and exposure was in late october. i was tested for 4 days after the exposure and it also came out negative for all common stds. Is NGU hard to trace after a long time? the discharge went away about a month ago.
Not much to say beyond my comments above.  If you had NGU, it should be adequately treated at this tme.  EWH
Ive noticed a mild pain in left tescticle. does this sound like NGU or any std?
Unlikely.  EWH
is ngu typically passed through oral sex? I did have vaginal sex but with a condom on. I know HIV is not typically passed though oral sex and i did have protected vaginal sex. however, since i have/had  NGU would you suggest getting tested for HIV?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.