If you can, do it.
Peace of mind is priceless to me.
I think I will. Paying off the credit card can wait :-)
If you go to see a private neurologist, they will want a copy of your MRI anyway. Why not, as a first step, get your MRI CD which shows all the images, plus you should get a copy of the report as well. Reading through the report a few times might help you decide on a direction.
I've learned that keeping a copy of EVERYTHING is really important, whether you go private or public. I actually was less than confident in an MRI I had, and got a second opinion online from a radiologist. I sent it to the states, but in my search there was another place in England, I don't have their link but maybe that could be another option to consider as well.
Hi Helen, this is something I have been meaning to get. The NHS diagnostic centre charge £10 for a copy of images and the report. However if I go private the the NHS consultant I am due to see in two months, then he will have access to them anyway I think. But I will get them, in case I need them.
The 10 pound investment is probably well worth it no matter what course you decide to take. People move on, they see different Drs over the years, so it's always good to keep records for yourself as well, especially if there are neuro questions. I hope your answers come quickly. The waiting game is so difficult
Well I called the hospital, for new patients they do not have a cancellation list where you can jump in, so the appointment for 7 weeks away still stands.
I can possibly get an appointment for about two weeks time privately but I am not sure I want to go down this route anymore. It is a lot of money when chances are he will just order more tests or something. I know I am not going to get a diagnosis immediately really so I think it is best if I just stay positive and be patient and wait for the 7 weeks.
Yes, do what you feel comfortable doing and/or can do. 200 pounds=240 euros=310 dollars is NOT cheap; true. Well, you can at least pay on your credit card. :) I was stating what I would do.
My apologies for tardy response.
Well, 6 weeks (is it now?) isn't too long a wait, it'll go quickly enough. But personally speaking, nowadays I would never hesitate to go privately and spend all the food and mortgage money on it! Your health is too precious to be mucked around!
I'm with helen41 too - remember to get copies of every scrap of info etc. Also, do get a copy of your scans asap. £10 is a bargain up to the £70 my local NHS tried (wrongly) to soak me for after they'd spent 4 months telling me that they'd lost my scans. (What a runaround that was).
So, it's best to get a copy as soon as they've been done. And probably a good idea to get an independent radiologist to have a look at it if you have any doubts at all.
please do let us know what you decide to do and how you get on with it all.