most important feature in ct scan of schizophrenic

what is the most important feature in the ct scan of schizophrenic that we can say that the given case is schizophrenia?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i think that all the activity of the brain is in the frontal lobes it shows up in a MRI of how a brain functions; my MRI did not show this it was negative. i think iladvocate has pics of this i'll check ok :)
Helpful - 0
well he doesn't have the photos but i am sure he has info on it :)
Helpful - 0
how about ct scan of head? if there is no frontal lobe in the last pic of ct scan does it mean that the patioent is schizophrenic?
Helpful - 0
i think a ct scan would not determine this
Helpful - 0
I think it's the PET scan that they have to do to show how the brain is functioning with schizophrenia and CT and MRI scans can only rule out other possible conditions before they diagnose you with schizophrenia.
Helpful - 0
PET scans actually show marked deficits in the frontal lobes (area where thoughts are processed in a person with schizophrenia. I can't upload an image but I'll post a link that shows a comparison between the brain of a person with schizophrenia and a person without a psychiatric disability:
http://www.scienceclarified.com/images/uesc_09_img0510.jpg
Helpful - 0
I looked at this comparison image .>. Link: http://www.scienceclarified.com/images/uesc_09_img0510.jpg
States normal and schizo.
Who is to state that it's not the other way around?
Imagine if every living human being had pet scans and cat scans;  just imagine what they would show...
Something tells me they would vary from person to person....so, what is normal hey anyway and according to whom; Doctors and Researchers who can't figure out how to stop the voices or can't tell a person about the origin of the voices....
No one knows who is normal; we're all human beings....
My two cents or maybe more than 2 cents....
Helpful - 0
Well it's safe to say everyone is a tiny bit schizo because most people will experience at least one thing similar to the symptoms of schizophrenia at least once in their life under normal circumstances (such as sleep deprivation, that can cause psychosis after so long) but it's a matter of the severity and frequency and amount of the features that gets a person diagnosed.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community