Schizophrenia Community
920 Members

Could this be Scizophrenia?

Hi I suffer from GAD and recently my thinking seems slightly different. I keep imagining negative conversations...as in example.
I'm out somewhere (In town / gym etc) and ill see 2 nice girls and look over, then ill imagine in my head, one of the girls saying to the other 'oh hes a geek' or 'he looks like a nut' I kind of keep doing it for other stuff, like if im running latish for work ill imagine my boss saying 'oh hes late again' or 'hes a crap empoyee'
I just dont know? its my inner voice playing all these scenarios out...but they just all seem to have a slightly negaitive twist, I am feeling slightly depressed at the moment, What do you all think? Is this an early sign? Also I keep having random memoris flashing back during the day, or random thoughts coming out of nowhere...please any advice will be apprieicated.

I think it could be a part of your GAD but I'm not a doctor so I'm not 100% sure.
I think you need to try and have a more positive outlook about yourself.
Perhaps work on your self confidence and tell yourself that you're just fine the way you are.  Believe in yourself.  Try and stop making assumptions about what others are thinking because you actually do not know what others are thinking.  What's important is what you think and how you feel about yourself.  You're doubting yourself and you should try and work on not doubting yourself.  Having general anxiety disorder probably is playing a role and perhaps causing you to worry more than you want or need to.  Anxiety can really play on a role here so maybe also speak with your doctor about this.  Anxiety can cause interference with your thinking and shake you up quite a bit.  Believe in yourself, like yourself for who you are and try hard not to make assumptions about what others are thinking.
I know it's not easy, but you can do it.  It's strange how we tend to care so much about what others could possibly be thinking about us isn't it ?  Know who you are, like who you are and believe in yourself.  Give yourself pep talks daily as well as looking for self help techniques or outside help as well.  Much Luck To You....
i hear my inner-voice sometimes
:)
what its sounds like is social anxiety disorder. i have it and i have similar problems. try watching this video it may help to clear things up. i know how hard that can be to deal with i wish you luck in getting better :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4truuD_xMP0