Aa
A
A
A
Close
Schizophrenia Community
921 Members

How long do the effects of risperidon last?

I discontinued risperidon two months ago. I have not had any psychotic symptoms. I believe my schizoaffective disorder is in remission. However can risperidon continue to have an effect two months after taking it? Anybody know? I took it for 4 years.
2 Responses
675718 tn?1530036633
that's a heavy duty med messed me up I have permanent side effects now it helps you though that's great don't discontinue immediately you must have a doctor to  help you get off meds if I miss trazadone the withdrawals will kill me remission is possible but I suffer from Schizophrenia it is a form of permanent psychosis meds are for life :)
I took many drugs for 9 months. I have been off for 6 months and am still having issues. I feel like I have permanent brain damage. I have read that ppl can recover right away, take some time, or it might never get better. I should have never been put on the drugs, I was misdiagnosed.
Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530036633
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.