Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I need the testosterone from my endocrinologist -libido-musclemass-energy

I have diabetes. And high blood pressure. In the past 3 months Ive lost 65 pounds on my doctors recommendation to go on a liquid diet of Boost Glucose Bkfst/lunch/dinner and bedtime. then recently a salad at lunch meal only plus still taking the Boost. Because of the weight loss my diabetic oral meds were discontinued and my bp meds were lowered so the fat loss did improve my health. Im also schizophrenic and taking a low dose of quetiapine (seroquel) 300 MG AT 9pm daily. My endocrinologist ordered 200units injection every 2 weeks injection but my psychiatrists says No dont do it. What should I do?

Ive read so many opinions online - some MDs say take the testosterone and some MDs say dont take the testosterone!
Also I see so many testosterone supplements saying take ours - Have increased energy - high sex drive - stonger erections - increased muscle mass - more energy for $80 a month sold at GNC and other health stores. . My endocrinologist said absolutely forget that hype from GNC.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
675718 tn?1530033033
your doctor should have more information on what to take/what no to take when you mix meds as far as the injection try to get a dose your comfortable and make sure the doctor monitors this ok :)
Helpful - 0
80791 tn?1343593481
When I was diagnosed with diabetes, my doctor said my testosterone was low.  I had experienced hair loss and I only had to shave every third day.  After I started a testosterone treatment, my hair came back and,  unfortunately, I had to start back shaving daily.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
80791 tn?1343593481
I forgot to mention that I have lost about 35 lbs. during all of this.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community

Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?