Schizophrenia Community
920 Members

Possible Paranoia and Anxiety

Often times, I get uneasy around men and get this ungrounded fear that they are going to rape me. I'm also anxious virtually all the time. I have never been abused (I was "hit on" by an older guy at one point but nothing that could really traumatize me). I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I but my psychiatrist says that I might be schizoaffective. I'm currently free of mood symptoms.

So, my first question is, would my ungrounded fear be considered paranoia and is this a symptom of bipolar or is it more of a schizoaffective thing if it isn't accompanied with mood symptoms. My second question is whether bipolar/schizoaffective disorder can cause anxiety.

Thanks!
yes to anxiety and yes to your symptoms I hear voices three of them you probably going to have to trust other men first before you are near them ok :)