Schizophrenia Community
921 Members

Schizophrenia causes stroke!

My psychiatrist, occupational theripist,and addiction specialist showed me the following picture: http://www.bcss.org/documents/pdf/CannibisandPsychosis.pdf

Based on this anyone with a mental disorder can have a stroke anytime if he smokes marijuana
Actually in reading through it it does say that use of marijuana will trigger the onset of psychosis in schizophrenia. It did not specifically say it will cause a stroke. It specifically showed how it triggers psychosis which is valued information for me as I in a voluntary position assist people with disabilities and I was informed about this but it was good to see specific clinical proof. I have made a full recovery from schizoaffective myself (read through my posts) and though I never used marijuana (or drugs or alcohol of any kind) the reason was because a whole brain of the family had to go through recovery issues regarding this. You are doing the right thing in quitting and it can only help you.
but did u look at the 3 brain images, they clearly show that someones whos brain has been damaged by schizophrenia cannot smoke weed or they will get a stroke
dont read any of the article, just go to page 2 or 3 and look at the 3 brain images
Yes they do show brain damage and a disruption in circulation of blood in the brain and it is indeed very helpful information but a stroke is something very specific. But I of course do not have clinical knowledge so you could post the question in the ask a doctor forum if you want a conclusive answer though.
i am canidate for stroke ; true