Schizophrenia Community
921 Members

Zyprexa and ativan

HI,Im not schizophrenic but my dr had to stop the medication i was on yesterday and he put me on Zyprexa from what i read its a horrible drug..but i have no choice i guess but to try it untill thursday when i see my dr..im just wondering if any of you out there is also on zyprexa and ativan/my dr is treating me for anxiety and depression that regular antiddepressants dont help..I had a bad breakdown yesterday and dr had to try something i guess Im trying to do this at home without hospitlazation,,,,,kinda scared of both ativan  and zyprexa to gether  i have only taking  one 5 mg zyprexa and man it knocked me out..will that wear off and today i have the shakes bad...last year i was on abilify  cant say it helped me much...just curious about others on these 2 meds..Thanks
While I have not taken Zyprexa, it can cause sedation and tremors, as well as other extrapyramidal side effects, like many other antipsychotics which are usually only temporary movement disorders.  Perhaps they can give you a side effect pill if this one is worth taking?
i was also given zyprexa for recent breakdown and hasnt helped any of my symptoms depression and anxiety. trying to wean down fast but its not fun insomnia depression doubled
I can advice you that zyprexa is one of the best antipsychotics i have ever tried.Doesnt cause any side effects to me but also have to admitt that with anxiety didn t help too much.How come i don t know.I was taking 20mg daily.