causes

does anyone know what causes schizophrenia and is it caused by a chemical imbalance?
Best Answer
http://www.schizophreniasymptoms.com/causes.php
This has a clinical accurate understanding up until now as to the potential causes of schizophrenia but research continues so that is updated on a regular basis
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't think they found a definitive cause yet and schizophrenia is a chemical imbalance from my understanding.  Last I heard though they suspected the potential for schizophrenia is caused by complications during pregnancy or soon after birth and then a major life event triggers it to become active.
Helpful - 0
really?
Helpful - 0
thank you ILADVOCATE that page helped answer my question :)
Helpful - 0
Looks like it has more causes than I was told it has.
Helpful - 0
My mental health care people suspect mine was caused by the oxygen deprivation theory in that article you posted.  But I was also clinically dead too when that occurred and they suspect it even though I was around a month old when it happened or so I'm told that's when it occurred.  Also for some reason when they find out I was diagnosed with schizophrenia they keep asking me if I suffered a head injury at any point in my life, which I did at another rather young age.  The psychologist appointed by social security even asked me that when I went and got evaluated by them.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community