effects of Zyprexa???

My grand daughter is on Zyprexa 20 mg. for schizophrenia. She has gained  a lot of weight, has an enlarged thyroid =/ goiter now. She is only 20 yrs. old .  She has  serious problems with eps from other psychotropics. They will do an ultrasound and want to taper her off. start her on  a new drug .syrius ? something like that. what do you think ? Did the Zyprexa cause all this. will she  have a remission of these effects  if she is tapered off and switched?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know about the goiter but antipsychotics all have the potential for significant weight gain.  Some people who switch meds sometimes report they lose the weight they gained and sometimes they don't.  I think the people who don't who switch to a new med are just experiencing weight gain on that new med so they aren't losing the weight until they switch to one that doesn't cause weight gain.
Helpful - 0
i gained alot of weight
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community