Aa
A
A
A
Close
Schizophrenia Community
920 Members

excessive masturbation in wife

My wife is 29 and her mother is bipolar schizophrenic. about two years ago my wife cheated on me after 6 years or so. We are still together but she is constantly masturbating. When I confront her she blows up into a tyrant. She seems to like me the most in the mornings. She is constantly having problems with people at work and while driving. She just seems hypersexual, but not with me. could she be falling into her mothers illness? Thank you.
2 Responses
675718 tn?1530033033
that's a good possibility people with bipolar are hypersexuality
585414 tn?1288941302
  It would depend on what else is occurring. Besides hypersexuality, difficulties with excessive anger and other emotions can be part of bipolar.
However other concerns would also need to occur as well. The best thing to do would be to encourage her to see a therapist. Then they would
be able to determine whether a further referral to a psychiatrist is needed.
Also going to a talk therapist with them to be able to address
relationship concerns can be of help.
Top Schizophrenia Answerers
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.